Wednesday 25 February 2015

Tea is key!

With the ideas for Craft Café set in place, the past couple of weeks has been all about phase two – marketing.

I set about designing a logo. First thoughts – what are the main thing I want people to think about when they look at the image? I want them to be able to imagine the atmosphere, warm and friendly with people sat around chatting, relaxing and making.

I soon realised a cup of tea was the key.


I wanted the logo to show the sessions are about arts and crafts, and also to demonstrate some of the pieces we will be making. I took an image of someone warming their hands on a steaming mug of tea, cut out their hands and drew them a new body. I also added in some images of the rolled paper jewellery and drinks coasters we will be making in the session. Now I love computers as much as the next person, but sometimes you can’t beat a pen and some paper – so I made this image the old school way.



I also designed a poster using Indesign injecting a little colour into it by creating a border of painted eggs, like those we will be making in the session on March 29th. It’s currently up around the Pitt Rivers Museum and I will be putting it out in a few local businesses as well.




Book tickets to paint eggs like those on the poster or to join in with any of the other craft activities here

No comments:

Post a Comment